Launched in 2017, through partnership between YA and the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota, Ignite is no ordinary marketing conference. Using a unique format, pairing marketing practitioners with academics, the conference highlights the challenges and successes of actual marketing programs and supports these insights with rich research. The presenter lineup for 2019 is incredibly strong and includes speakers from some of the world's most exciting brands. This year’s theme is:
“Marketing To Generations: Why Does It Matter?”
There are currently five generations that have buying power. The various generations have had different life experiences, which in turn have shaped their buying behaviors, the marketing messages that resonate with them, and the advertising channels they use. This is better known as generational marketing, which companies need to consider when targeting key customer segments. One marketing message and channel does not necessarily work for all generations, but what does work?
- Amy Johnston Spiridakas – Vice President – Marketing – Target
- Linh Peters - Vice President, Brand Marketing – Starbucks
- Courtney Carlson - Vice President Marketing, North America – Under Armour
- Robbie McCawley – Director of Global Marketing Strategy – Electronic Arts
- Jean Twenge – Professor, Owner & Author – San Diego State University and Owner at Generation Me
- Amee McDonald – Adjunct Lecturer, Marketing & VP United Theological Seminary – University of Minnesota & United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities
- David Hopkins – Managing Director & Marketing Faculty Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
- Akshay Rao – Professor & General Mills Chair in Marketing – University of Minnesota
You will not want to miss the Ignite Conference, held at the University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management on October 3rd!
Todd Carter is the Chief Digital Officer at YA.